Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Photo-Africa Photographer: Brett Hoy

"My interest in photography has been with me and has gone hand in hand with being outdoors. During high school I joined the photography club and slowly improved the quality of my Pictures over the years. It is only recently that I have returned to the bush.  I am currently working in the Madikwe Game reserve in the North West Province of south Africa were I get ample opportunity to get in some photography and just enjoy the being out in the bush."  Brett Hoy 

 - When did you start taking photos?
I started when I was in High School with sports events at my school.

 - Film or Digital?
Film.

 - What equipment are you currently using?
Canon 400D with 70 to 300mm Sigma Lens

 - Thoughts on Photoshop and post processing of images?
If the picture was teken with editing in mind or it is done conservatively then I see no problem.  A photo is a form of art and at the end of the day it is up to you when your creation is completed.

 - Favourite subject to photograph?
I go though phases.  At the moment I am working on Leadwoods.

 - Place in the world you still want to photograph?
Kolmanskop, Namibia and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (as a subject both worn torn and beautiful.)




To view more of Brett's images on the Photo-Africa Stock Library click here!

* * * 
As always I look forward to hearing from you.

Until next time.

No comments: