Friday, September 26, 2008

Uploads, Images and Questions

I have been uploading images to the Photo-Africa Stock Library for almost the entire day and have not even reached halfway! I am currently uploading a lot of Riaan's images and once done I will upload new images from Gavin and then myself as well.

It is great to have so many unique images to add to Photo-Africa. I have had a helluva time looking through all the images as they get uploaded and have been amazed at the diversity of images and stories being added. You would think that there are only so many ways in which to photograph a lion but I am glad to say that my belief in the variety on Photo-Africa has been justified.

I have decided to do the Weekly High Five as soon as I have uploaded all the images, which will probably be towards Sunday, but in the meantime I will keep on posting some of the 'highlight images' on the Blog.

The idea behind this was triggered when I looked at a few of the images and wondered "How in the world did that happen?" You never know what you are going to get when you head out on safari and the images on Photo-Africa has proved to be the same. You never know...

With that in mind, here are a few of the images I enjoyed or made me 'ask a question' while uploading today.


Whose tail is he carrying? Perhaps wildebeest?


You gotta love the way these dogs form a circle.


I was with Gavin when he spotted this interesting lighting on the zebra in Madikwe.


How did this lioness loose her eye?


Forget how this lion got up there. How is he getting out??


What happened when the approaching buffalo herd got closer?


One of the Sereti males from Madikwe. Still my bet as one of the dominating forces in the future.


The three Sereti brothers. What were they all smelling?


Love this shot. Looks like a classic.


Great leopard silhouette. Think Riaan got this one while still working in the Sabi Sands.


Interesting 'action' capture. Perfect timing.


This was taken at Tlou Dam in Madikwe but not sure who they were. Perhaps the Etali youngsters? Great action capture that shows perfectly how playful these little guys can be.


Not just a great buffalo image, but what is he thinking?


You gotta wonder what happened next.


Great image. I personally love the way the lines and light highlight the tails.


One of the cutest images I have seen in a while. Very tiny little cheetah cub peeking out from behind the tree.


Interesting capture. The water and color creates a great abstract.


Almost like they have been summoned.


Great lines with the big guys walking down the road.


Just the one paying attention. Great shot.


Any thoughts on this one?? :)


The same lion as in the above image as seen in our rear view mirror. Poor guy was looking for shade!

I reckon that apart from composition and technical quality, if a wildlife image can make you ask a question it has that something extra that puts it above the rest. Why? How? What?

Will be back soon with more images as they get uploaded. To view all the newest images that have been added to the Photo-Africa Stock Library you can click here.

As always I look forward to hearing from you.

Until next time.

Gerry

4 comments:

Michael Palmer said...

too many great shots - the zebra, the dogs, the rear view mirror. GREAT WORK! as usual- I am jealous

Ken Conger Photography said...

Exceptional collection of diverse quality images. Enjoyed this post and comments. You are fortunate to live in an area with so much wildlife. Blue Skies.

2sweetnsaxy said...

This is my first visit to your blog. These shots are simply wonderful! I'll definitely be back. Looking forward to browsing the rest of your blog now.
:-)

Unknown said...

fantastic photo tour! Incredible images of the kings of Africa!