Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Few Random Images

It is great to have the time to sit and work through your images.  I do not always have this amount of time to sit and enjoy the process but the last few days have been great fun!

I have been catching up on numerous wildlife images from the beginning of October, our road trip to Namibia and the last two weeks in Madikwe.  Some great stuff and as I finish the images I am uploading them to the Photo-Africa Stock Library.

There are many, many more to come, but here are a few of the ones I have enjoyed.

This is Grant taking pictures of the two Sereti males when we found them a week or so ago.

I have not had too many chances to get good images of these little guys, but on this particular morning this Scrub Hare was out late.  They are normally nocturnal but this particular morning was overcast and very misty which gave us great opportunities to photograph him.

Interesting result.  I focused on the grass in front of the female lion exactly as she yawned.  The light was pretty tough to contend to as it was slightly hazy with scattered patches of sunlight.  Still like the image though!

Nice family portrait.

This image was shot full frame and shows why I absolutely love photographing Rhino.  The offer a beautiful combination of straight lines, curves and contrasting colors.  Great subjects when you visit Africa!

* * * 

In the next few weeks I will be posting a 'feature' on the various contributing Photo-Africa photographers.  In each of these posts I will show a few of their images from the Stock Site and also their answers to the following questions:

 - When did you start taking photos?
 - Film or digital?
 - What equipment are you currently using?
 - Thoughts on Photoshop and post processing of images?
 - Favourite subjects to photograph?
 - Place / subject in the world you still want to photograph?

I thought it would be an interesting exercise to see what the differing approaches and thoughts are.  I will start posting these features later today and will keep them coming as I receive the answers from all the photographers.  

If you are a photographer, whether wildlife or otherwise, it would be great to hear your thoughts on these questions as well and would love to post your thoughts and images as well.  Email me with your thoughts and images if you would like to feature your work and website!

As always I look forward to hearing from you.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Michael Palmer said...

Gerry - LOVE the family portrait -

The parcel has arrived, THANK YOU so much for that - I am going to frame for under the tree for Michael JR

kalos_eidos said...

I love these photos! I really like the zebra family, beautiful!