Thursday, December 4, 2008
Ran is currently working at Royal Madikwe in the Madikwe Game Reserve.
- When did you start taking photos?
Round about 2000.
- Film or Digital?
I first shot film in 2000 and then changed to digital in 2006.
- What equipment are you currently using?
Nikon D50 with 80mm and 300mm Nikon Lenses
- Thoughts on Photoshop and post processing of images?
I enjoy enhancing some aspects in a picture but try and limit editing as much as possible. Taking pictures is the art and not to manipulate them. Sometimes you have to manipulate though as with moving or action photography you only het one chance.
- Favourite subject to photograph?
Difficult to choose one but definitely any elements of nature.
- Place in the world you still want to photograph?
Indian tigers, Mountain Valley, Lake Malawi and definitely the Okavango Delta and the Big Migration in the Serengeti.
To view more of Riaan's images on the Photo-Africa Stock Library, click here.
* * *
As always I look forward to hearing from you.
Until next time.
Posted by Photo-Africa at 12:59 PM