Monday, November 10, 2008

What a Ride!

After a road trip of just under 4,400km we are back in Johannesburg!

Not quite sure where to start as we have had the most unbelievable two weeks. Since leaving Namibia on 2 November we have pretty much driven across the whole of South Africa - to the St Lucia Wetlands, up to the Lowveld and back to Johannesburg. And the strangest thing of all is that I would get in the car and do it again in an instant!

The wedding feels like it happened months ago. We have done so much and seen so many amazing things that it is in a way quite nice to be home in Johannesburg for two days before heading back to Madikwe on Wednesday.

I have so many images that I want to work through and so many stories to tell so in the next few days expect quite a few posts on this blog! Just the various places we stayed at is enough to keep me going for a while so I will also be uploading my own reviews and images as soon as I get a chance!

For now I have to unpack and settle at home but I just had to upload this image that Glen took in Swaziland.

Keep in mind this was on a main road, highway if you will. Not fenced or in a game reserve or anything like that. I have seen a lot of 'interesting' signs in Africa but this one in Swaziland definitely caused a few laughs in our vehicle!

This is the real Africa!! :)

Will be back soon with a LOT of new images and updates!

As always I look forward to hearing from you!

Until next time!

Gerry

No comments: